Bread of Life is an inspirational festival service in three sections:
- The heavenly banquet - The promise of a rich banquet in heaven
- Harvest for the hungry - The reality of a hunger in the world today
- I am the living bread - Our hope in Christ, the bread of life
Bread of Life brings folk music from Africa together with anthems, hymns and worship songs and includes music by Bernadette Farrell, Cesar Franck, Simon Lole and Thomas Hewitt Jones.
Through carefully chosen readings, prayers and music, Bread of Life touches on major themes in Christian life: poverty and hunger, harvest, One World Week, Christ the Bread of Life. Individual items may be used throughout the year in school assemblies, church services, and other occasions.
The CD-ROM includes:
- Recorded performances and backing tracks for all of the music in the service
- Music for singers
- Music for the accompanist
- Order of service for the congregation
- Performance and backing tracks
- Training notes
The singers' music may be photocopied from the book, or multiple copies may be printed from the CD-ROM. The conductor's score (in the book) is non-photocopiable.