RSCM is committed to ensuring your personal information is protected. This privacy notice describes how RSCM, the data controller, collects, uses and protects your information.
How we collect your information
The information we hold about you comes from the way you engage with us, such as if you enquire or purchase goods. We may collect information about you online through our website, via email, the post, over the phone or from discussions with you. If you are a Member or a Friend, we will receive information from your membership form. We may also collect details of your visits to our website including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communications data and the resources that you access.
The type of information we hold
The information we hold may include name, address, contact telephone numbers, email addresses and a transactions history.
How we use your information
We use your information in the following ways:
- To offer you the discounts you are entitled to as a Member or Friend.
- To provide you with the information you have requested.
- To process your order and deliver your purchase to you.
- Where you have not opted-out, we will use your information for the legitimate business interest of sending you information about other products and services, but we will always offer you the right to opt-out of future communications.
Who we will share your information with
We will not sell or swap your information with any agency or other charity. We may however share your information with:
- Our suppliers who are involved in delivering goods to you or one of our mailing houses.
- Our suppliers who manage some of our IT and web services.
All of these suppliers are bound by UK privacy law and the terms of the contracts we have with them.
Storing your information
Your personal information will be stored on systems owned or operated by RSCM or those of our specific suppliers and will only be stored inside the European Economic Area (EEA), or a country approved by the EU.
We will retain your personal information in accordance with legal and regulatory requirements. We will only retain your information while we are actively engaged with you. Where we have had no interaction with you for a period of 5 years we will delete your data. Where we have transaction history we have to retain this information for accounting purposes.
How you can access your information
You have the right to request access to the information we hold about you. To make a request for your personal information, please contact [please insert point of contact].
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress;
- have inaccurate personal data rectified;
- request your information to be deleted or destroyed and if we can we will but sometimes we must maintain some records for legal reasons.
If you are not happy how we are using your information or how we have responded to your request, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office at www.ico.org.co.uk.
We may store information about you using cookies which we can access when you visit our site in future. We do this for several reasons:
- To protect information by using passwords to restrict access to some areas of the site.
- To enable the use of a shopping basket for your purchases. This enables us to track your movement from one page to another through our site so you can add items to your shopping basket and complete your order and we can send you your purchases.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the instructions for your file management software to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our site.
How we will tell you about future changes to this privacy notice
Any changes we make to our privacy notice will be put on our website. Please check for updates from time to time so you are always fully aware of what information is collected and how it is used.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please email RSCM Music Direct.