Nicholas Ludford was musical director at St Stephen’s Chapel in the royal palace of Westminster from the mid-1520s until its dissolution in 1547. His Mass Lapidaverunt Stephanum, implicitly celebrating the anniversary of the saint’s martyrdom, was probably one of the first works that he composed for his new employer: while the music does not quite match his later works in polish and elegance, its organic lines, tightly-knit textures, euphony and sense of colour are characteristic of him. For five voices: SATTB. viii + 46 pages. ISMN 979‑0‑57039‑192‑9.
- Additional Information
Catalogue No. 9790570391929 Publisher Antico Edition Contents